With success being my Ultimate Goal, I have to first define what success means in my mind. So to be a success, this person must become a person who is continuing to grow emotionally, spiritually, in their relationships with family, friends and strangers. Be a contributor to everybody and everything that enters their realm. Totally successful financially by gaining ultimate financial freedom. Totally successful in business and career. Living a lifestyle admired by many. Success is somebody who is also totally in tune with their personal fitness, health and well-being. Someone who has profound knowledge, continuously learning and somebody who never settles for anything less than they deserve. Committing themselves 100% towards every outcome they desire. Constantly achieving and improving in EVERY area of their life. Taking all actions necessary to achieve all of the above and enjoying the process.

My page is a tool to help me achieve my Ultimate Goal. Every day I will answer the same 5 Questions. Every week I will write a journal entry summarising my life during the week. I will also periodically give you, the reader, an insight into certain areas of my life. So please, enjoy my posts, feel free to replicate the process. My journey starts now with these 5 Questions...

1. What did I learn today?

2. What improvements have I made?

3. What did I contribute today?

4. What did I enjoy?

5. What actions have I taken towards achieving my Ultimate Goal?

American Express Queenstown Winterfest 2010

Fri. 25 June, 2010

1 Learn. It's that time of year again. One of the biggest events on our calendar, Winterfest. With it brings the flurry of tourists, shoulder to shoulder crowds, lines for days, halting traffic but it's all worth it with all the enjoyable events that will take place over the next 10 days. What have I learnt so far from the first day of the 2010 Winterfest? Order a meal before you get hungry. Anticipate when you will need to satisfy your hunger well before your stomach starts rumbling. The reason I say this is because with the thousand of people in town, it's tough waiting in line for food. Even a fast food icon was struggling to keep up, McDonalds was moving at a snails pace. One thing I love about carnivals are the hotdogs and chips, but what makes them amazing is the carny tomato sauce. The hotdog trailer was in town tonight so we decided to join one of the lines there, about eight lines to choose from, being served by two people. I was starving, I needed a hotdog, the line wasn't moving as fast as my expectations, I learnt a lesson. Also, If you need a park in the CBD on a night like tonight, drive into town early, or alternatively use your contacts and park illegally outside their work for the time you're in there . One of my mates was working so he said to park up and he would keep an eye on it. Cheers bro!

2 Improve. There's so many things you can do with Google calendar, so many things to learn. I figured some of it out and spent a good hour on getting my timetable sorted. You can see the results on the Calndar page. I gave it a nudge and I think there's improvement there.

3 Contribute. Extra people means extra rubbish. It's my job to keep this town clean and I'm going to do a good job dang it. I did more runs through the CBD today and kept the place tidy. People won't notice my work, but if I wasn't out there people would notice the mess. At this time of year Queenstown can't afford to have that image.

4 Enjoy. The Winterfest opening ceremony. Earnslaw Park was packed with people, with all the entertainment to enjoy from the fireworks, to the food stalls, the music, the entertainers and of course the mulled wine from the Lion's tent, it was easy to see why everybody was attracted to that area of town. I had my daughter in a backpack and we were trying to find a decent position so we could see the floating stage (a custom built stage contructed with scaffolding over top of the lake). It was a mission trying to weave through the people but we found a good area just in time to see our Prime Minister John Key take the stage with Darth Vader, some storm troopers and Boba Fett. He opened the festival and called for the fireworks to start. It was a decent display of explosives with an awesome soundtrack to go with it. At that stage we took our daughter out of the backpack and she sat in my arms dancing to and enjoying the music. Great way to kick things off and looking forward to the next nine days of celebration.

5 Action. Get more organised to increase productivity by doing my calendar. Increasing my happiness by joining the population at the lakefront festivities. This weekend stay on top of the trash around town. It's going to be busy 0 comments

Sharing is caring. Share this article now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment