With success being my Ultimate Goal, I have to first define what success means in my mind. So to be a success, this person must become a person who is continuing to grow emotionally, spiritually, in their relationships with family, friends and strangers. Be a contributor to everybody and everything that enters their realm. Totally successful financially by gaining ultimate financial freedom. Totally successful in business and career. Living a lifestyle admired by many. Success is somebody who is also totally in tune with their personal fitness, health and well-being. Someone who has profound knowledge, continuously learning and somebody who never settles for anything less than they deserve. Committing themselves 100% towards every outcome they desire. Constantly achieving and improving in EVERY area of their life. Taking all actions necessary to achieve all of the above and enjoying the process.

My page is a tool to help me achieve my Ultimate Goal. Every day I will answer the same 5 Questions. Every week I will write a journal entry summarising my life during the week. I will also periodically give you, the reader, an insight into certain areas of my life. So please, enjoy my posts, feel free to replicate the process. My journey starts now with these 5 Questions...

1. What did I learn today?

2. What improvements have I made?

3. What did I contribute today?

4. What did I enjoy?

5. What actions have I taken towards achieving my Ultimate Goal?

Another Working Weekend

Sat. 26 June and Sun. 27 June, 2010

1 Learn. Today was ridiculously busy during the weekend. At this time of year I spend 2 hours in the CBD a day. Over the weekend it would have totalled about 5 hours a day. What lesson was learnt? With Australian families on holiday, the cheap flights into town, the extra flights and the Queenstown Winter Festival off to a booming start, Queenstown is and will continue to be a hot spot for tourists and locals over the next week and a bit. Right now I'm at standing on a metaphorical beach, watching this tourism tsunami sweep through.

2 Improve. The game that got postponed on Wednesday got played on Sunday. I've been a bit off with my free throw shooting lately (since the Tuesday night league finals). At the start of the game things didn't look promising. I missed my first three attempts from the charity stripe. Luckily I found my touch again and hit my next 3 before half time putting me at a respectable 50%. What happened in the second half made me happy. I got fouled frequently as I tried to make plays and get points. It didn't matter what they did, I wasn't missing from the line. I went 12 from 12 in the second and my shooting was back in form.

3 Contribute. Sundays game was the first game of the season where my parents came to watch so we put on a show for them. Comprehensively beating the other team down with some sweet teamwork and stifling defense.

4 Enjoy. Same story. Another game, another win.We're getting good at this. That's 10 wins, zero losses with this team this season. Not sure what our streak over the past two seasons is but I'm sure it's up there. Expect more to come.
5 Action. Once again it's all work no play. My spare time was spent eating, sleeping and resting. Basketball was the only exception. I need to get into my routine so I can manage my time better. Once I do that I wont fall behind on my obligations, this blog being one. If I don't get a handle on it quickly, it's going to be a scramble to catch up. 0 comments

Sharing is caring. Share this article now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment