With success being my Ultimate Goal, I have to first define what success means in my mind. So to be a success, this person must become a person who is continuing to grow emotionally, spiritually, in their relationships with family, friends and strangers. Be a contributor to everybody and everything that enters their realm. Totally successful financially by gaining ultimate financial freedom. Totally successful in business and career. Living a lifestyle admired by many. Success is somebody who is also totally in tune with their personal fitness, health and well-being. Someone who has profound knowledge, continuously learning and somebody who never settles for anything less than they deserve. Committing themselves 100% towards every outcome they desire. Constantly achieving and improving in EVERY area of their life. Taking all actions necessary to achieve all of the above and enjoying the process.

My page is a tool to help me achieve my Ultimate Goal. Every day I will answer the same 5 Questions. Every week I will write a journal entry summarising my life during the week. I will also periodically give you, the reader, an insight into certain areas of my life. So please, enjoy my posts, feel free to replicate the process. My journey starts now with these 5 Questions...

1. What did I learn today?

2. What improvements have I made?

3. What did I contribute today?

4. What did I enjoy?

5. What actions have I taken towards achieving my Ultimate Goal?

It Doesn't Get Any Bigger

Fri. 18 June, 2010

1 Learn. In my sport, as you should know by now is basketball, there is one event that rules every other. This one contest between two teams has no rival. What is it? The seventh game of the NBA finals. It hardly ever happens because one team is clearly superior to the other. And when it does happen there should be a holiday in my opinion. Both teams have worked their behinds off during post season workouts, battled through a gruelling 82 game regular season, three rounds of playoffs tallying 12 wins and the occasional loss to that, adding another 3 wins each in the finals series leading up to this one deciding game to reveal the champion. No matter what happens, the winner deserves the trophy. So what did I learn while enjoying this spectacle? I learnt that Kobe still has nothing on MJ. He choked big time. He shot bad (6 makes from 24 attempts), he made bad decisions, he didn't even make the big play that everybody expected him to make (Artest and Fisher made those). He couldn't handle the occasion and his team mates held the team together for him. Luckily it's a team sport. Kobe, you may have only one less ring than His Airness, but you still have a loooong way to go before I will compare your accomplishments to his. Get five more MVP's and four more finals MVP's and then I'll concede.

2 Improve. To have the time to watch the game, I had to find a 4 hour lunch break during work. I had to use my time perfectly so I could manage my runs, catch the action and get ready for the weekend. I did a shift in the morning straight after morning training with no breakfast, I made it home to wash up and eat, did some more work, made it to a mates place just in time for the game to start, exited just after the trophy was presented, made it to the transfer station to empty the ute just before it closed and finished my last run just as it was getting dark. All in all, I think I did a pretty good job at effectively using my time, something that in the past has been a weak part of my organisational skills.

3 Contribute. Tonight I gave my time, my (limited) energy and most importantly my driving qualifications (manual shift, full car license) in getting my family to Alexandra for the weekend. After a hectic day it was tough trying to drive 90kms at 10:00 at night but we got there safely. The relaxation during my time off work would be worth it.

4 Enjoy. Did I not just say there was a game 7 of the NBA finals on today. What more do I need to enjoy myself? I would have been happier if it were a Suns vs Bulls final but watching the two most storied franchises hit it out against each other was the next best thing. BOS 79 - 83 LAL final score. Congratulations LA Lakers. 2010 NBA champions.

5 Action. Way too busy to focus on any business related actions so I'll say I took action to fill my time effectively. 0 comments

Sharing is caring. Share this article now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment