With success being my Ultimate Goal, I have to first define what success means in my mind. So to be a success, this person must become a person who is continuing to grow emotionally, spiritually, in their relationships with family, friends and strangers. Be a contributor to everybody and everything that enters their realm. Totally successful financially by gaining ultimate financial freedom. Totally successful in business and career. Living a lifestyle admired by many. Success is somebody who is also totally in tune with their personal fitness, health and well-being. Someone who has profound knowledge, continuously learning and somebody who never settles for anything less than they deserve. Committing themselves 100% towards every outcome they desire. Constantly achieving and improving in EVERY area of their life. Taking all actions necessary to achieve all of the above and enjoying the process.

My page is a tool to help me achieve my Ultimate Goal. Every day I will answer the same 5 Questions. Every week I will write a journal entry summarising my life during the week. I will also periodically give you, the reader, an insight into certain areas of my life. So please, enjoy my posts, feel free to replicate the process. My journey starts now with these 5 Questions...

1. What did I learn today?

2. What improvements have I made?

3. What did I contribute today?

4. What did I enjoy?

5. What actions have I taken towards achieving my Ultimate Goal?

Ti i i ime, Is On My Side

Tues. 15 June, 2010
1 Learn. Time... nobody ever has enough. Today I learnt where I can find some. If I wake up one hour earlier in the mornings that would leave me 7 extra hours a week. That's a whole work day. over a year that's 365 hours. In a decade that's 215 extra DAYS worth of time. Can you survive with one hour less sleep? If its worth that much then I guess I can.
2 Improve. My mindset for basketball changed for the better today and the changes were incredible. I needed to pump myself up for tonight's big game so I made some distinctions about who I am as a basketball player. I found out that if I have ever had the experience in the past then whats stopping me from tapping into that ability in the future? Or right now? So I made a list of attributes of the perfect basketball player. Best thing about it was the fact that in some time in my playing career I have felt every one of those attributes, not all at once however. With that list now a great source of motivation and focus, there was no stopping me from being the best player on the court, displaying every great trait that I wrote down during the game. I had a great game. Played heavy defence and gave 100% effort the entire time I was on the court, which according to John Wooden, is the most important thing. I will share my list in the very near future as an add on to my "Who Am I?" page. My improvements came in my belief, my sense of certainty, that I can (and will) be the greatest player on the court... On ANY court.
3 Contribute. So with me being the best player on the court you would assume we won? Well that's not true. We went down by 6. The other team executed very well and our tactics for the game were very ineffective. One thing I didn't put on my list was to make free throw. I made one out of seven attempts tonight. Shocking considering I've only missed a total of three of them in my men's league from about 20 trips to the line spanning 8 games. And I made 42 in a row at the end of my training on Sunday. Moving on. That loss, my first loss of the season, got me in a very bad mood. I gave my all and this is the feeling I get? The feeling of being a loser? My state affected me so much that I was harsh towards my partner. That affected how she felt and we had a very unpleasant evening. I now realise that I can also give negative contributions. I contributed my bad mood to get my girlfriend in a bad mood. I have to work hard to ensure I give in a way that provides massive amounts of pleasure for the recipient and myself.
4 Enjoy. I found it very difficult to find some part of the day I enjoyed, but, I managed. Our national soccer team the All Whites, currently playing in the Football World Cup Finals, earned their first ever tournament point in history. A goal in the last minute of injury time tied the game for us against Slovakia. A monumental upset considering our world ranking. We play the Azzuri in about a week. Lets go boys!!!
5 Action. So I gave my effort to the team. Left nothing on the table, but couldn't get the result. I took the action to play my heart out and I will continue to do so every single game I play. Tomorrow I'm gonna wake up one hour earlier, quit sleeping my life away
0 comments

Sharing is caring. Share this article now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment