With success being my Ultimate Goal, I have to first define what success means in my mind. So to be a success, this person must become a person who is continuing to grow emotionally, spiritually, in their relationships with family, friends and strangers. Be a contributor to everybody and everything that enters their realm. Totally successful financially by gaining ultimate financial freedom. Totally successful in business and career. Living a lifestyle admired by many. Success is somebody who is also totally in tune with their personal fitness, health and well-being. Someone who has profound knowledge, continuously learning and somebody who never settles for anything less than they deserve. Committing themselves 100% towards every outcome they desire. Constantly achieving and improving in EVERY area of their life. Taking all actions necessary to achieve all of the above and enjoying the process.

My page is a tool to help me achieve my Ultimate Goal. Every day I will answer the same 5 Questions. Every week I will write a journal entry summarising my life during the week. I will also periodically give you, the reader, an insight into certain areas of my life. So please, enjoy my posts, feel free to replicate the process. My journey starts now with these 5 Questions...

1. What did I learn today?

2. What improvements have I made?

3. What did I contribute today?

4. What did I enjoy?

5. What actions have I taken towards achieving my Ultimate Goal?

Train Smart

Mon. 14 June, 2010
1 Learn. Static Contraction Training. Have you heard of it? Apparently all you do is hold up a massive weight for 5 seconds for 1 rep. You could do a full body workout in minutes. If you can hold it for longer than 10 seconds its too light and you should go heavier. The guys that developed the training tested some athletes and tracked their progress. The test subjects were experienced weight trainers and had an average age of 38 years old. These guys weren't trying to pump up their findings by using rookie 20 year olds who can easily get massive results. After just 10 weeks of Static Contraction Training, these subjects...
  • Increased static strength 51.3%
  • Increased their full range 1-rep max 27.6%
  • Increased their full range 10-rep max 34.3%
  • Added 9.0 pounds of new muscle (one subject added 28.9 pounds!)
  • Lost 4.9 pounds of fat 
  • Added ½ inch to their biceps 
  • Added 1.1 inches to their chest 

When was the last time you made gains like that in 10 weeks? And amazingly they didn't train more than twice a week and spent less than one hour TOTAL in the gym!
So hearing these kind of results I had to learn more and I have designed a programme for myself which I can soon undertake. Now all I need is a gym membership or my own gear.
2 Improve. I wasn't that compelled to jump straight on to NBA.com as soon as I arrived home to check todays result, so with those actions I believe I have slowly improved in reducing my addiction to the website. Still had to see who took game 5 though. Celtics 92 - 86 Lakers. Kobe beasty in the fourth quarter but the C's take their first lead of the series up 3 games to 2.
3 Contribute. The high school boys learnt a trap defense at training today. It's a defense that surprises the other team and pressures them into throwing a bad pass which leads to an easy 2 points down the other end of the court. I had 4 members of my basketball team come along to today's training so we could have a run against them. Our objective for one of the drills was to try and score while the high school team tried to unleash this new defensive power. Growing up, being in a team which attracted a ton of traps, I knew exactly what to do. I shared my knowledge with the rest of my team. A simple play where we turn their pressure against them. Easy buckets for the boys now turned into easier buckets for us. It helped them too because now they had to adjust quickly to real game situations which will make them better players eventually.
4 Enjoy. The intensity of the training today was incredible. Their first real game of the season is on tomorrow against James Hargest College. There was hard running, hard passes, hard attacks to the basket but my favourite part was the hard fouls. I got elbowed in the throat which momentarily sidelined me. I got smacked on the top of the head, got pushed over landing on my hip, my arm got hit, my leg got hurt and I ended up bruised and broken by the end of the session. Why was that enjoyable? because at the start of the season these boys were soft. Now they have a "no easy baskets" mentality. I used to intimidate them, now they don't give a spit.
5 Action. Even though they picked up their intensity, I took the action to pick mine up too. I needed a good training today so I could set myself up to have a good game tomorrow. Finals night. Winner takes all. My action for tomorrow will be give my all to win that last game.
0 comments

Sharing is caring. Share this article now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment