With success being my Ultimate Goal, I have to first define what success means in my mind. So to be a success, this person must become a person who is continuing to grow emotionally, spiritually, in their relationships with family, friends and strangers. Be a contributor to everybody and everything that enters their realm. Totally successful financially by gaining ultimate financial freedom. Totally successful in business and career. Living a lifestyle admired by many. Success is somebody who is also totally in tune with their personal fitness, health and well-being. Someone who has profound knowledge, continuously learning and somebody who never settles for anything less than they deserve. Committing themselves 100% towards every outcome they desire. Constantly achieving and improving in EVERY area of their life. Taking all actions necessary to achieve all of the above and enjoying the process.

My page is a tool to help me achieve my Ultimate Goal. Every day I will answer the same 5 Questions. Every week I will write a journal entry summarising my life during the week. I will also periodically give you, the reader, an insight into certain areas of my life. So please, enjoy my posts, feel free to replicate the process. My journey starts now with these 5 Questions...

1. What did I learn today?

2. What improvements have I made?

3. What did I contribute today?

4. What did I enjoy?

5. What actions have I taken towards achieving my Ultimate Goal?

Alpine Golf

Sat. 12 June 2010
1 Learn. I played my first game of golf today since my Uncle was here. I have to say I'm very rusty. My tee shot on the first hole landed about 2 metres from the pin. Too bad that was the best shot of my round! So what were the lessons I learnt from this experience? Golf reflects the mood you're in. For example, If you're feeling great, every shot you hit is clean, it feels effortless and best of all the ball goes in the general direction of where you're aiming. If you're feeling pressured, like the pressure you have at your first tournament back after a short interval in your playing career, with a media frenzy focused on your extramarital affairs and personal life, then you wont be the threat you used to be on the fourth and final day of competition. If you're feeling the same way I was today, cold, then you three putt almost every hole and you need more Weetbix on all the irons you hit. It was a great day earlier on in the day. The sun was out, no wind, perfect for a round of golf. By the time we got to the third hole the clouds had moved in and with the wind picking up, the temperature started to drop very quickly. The snow up on the mountains didn't warm things up much either. We managed to fit 9 holes in before the heater in the car beckoned.
2 Improve. My golf skills actually took a dive throughout the round, ending with +14 thru 9. If there was one improvement it was my putting towards the end, sort of. I nailed my par putt on the 8th and on the last I found the perfect line 25 feet from the pin off the green. Too bad I left the pin in the hole because the wind left the pole slightly askew towards the edge my ball was rolling towards. It ended up rebounding off the stick and gave me a 5 footer for bogey. It seems pointless to tell you I missed the next 2 attempts to sink that stupid ball.
3 Contribute. My playing partner was a mate from Alabama. He's in my basketball team and has been travelling around Australia and NZ for a wee while now. My contribution? Showing him around New Zealand's golfing capital, Queenstown. The Frankton course has character which is why it was the perfect place for his first taste of kiwi golf.
4 Enjoy. I checked out Inglorious Basterds tonight. Enjoyed absolutely.
5 Action. I managed to find a few web developers that could make my planner/calendar. I also found some planner software which I could get which is just about to my specifications so I don't think there's any point in me hiring someone and wasting their time. If I come up with a website idea, however, then that research has come in handy. And I know exactly who I want designing it. He's not for hire, which makes him a must. So if you're reading this Matthew Inman, I'm gonna get you to design my web page, when I come up with a decent concept. Check out his stuff at 0at.org. I need to take more action towards my trading education and productivity. The more I learn and the faster I run this as a business, the closer I will get to financial freedom.
0 comments

Sharing is caring. Share this article now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment