With success being my Ultimate Goal, I have to first define what success means in my mind. So to be a success, this person must become a person who is continuing to grow emotionally, spiritually, in their relationships with family, friends and strangers. Be a contributor to everybody and everything that enters their realm. Totally successful financially by gaining ultimate financial freedom. Totally successful in business and career. Living a lifestyle admired by many. Success is somebody who is also totally in tune with their personal fitness, health and well-being. Someone who has profound knowledge, continuously learning and somebody who never settles for anything less than they deserve. Committing themselves 100% towards every outcome they desire. Constantly achieving and improving in EVERY area of their life. Taking all actions necessary to achieve all of the above and enjoying the process.

My page is a tool to help me achieve my Ultimate Goal. Every day I will answer the same 5 Questions. Every week I will write a journal entry summarising my life during the week. I will also periodically give you, the reader, an insight into certain areas of my life. So please, enjoy my posts, feel free to replicate the process. My journey starts now with these 5 Questions...

1. What did I learn today?

2. What improvements have I made?

3. What did I contribute today?

4. What did I enjoy?

5. What actions have I taken towards achieving my Ultimate Goal?

Just a lazy Sunday

Sun. 6 June, 2010
1 Learn. My learning experience today was pretty slim. I spent most of my day in bed. When I eventually got out of bed at 1:00 pm, I didn't really do much but absorb the nutrients from my toast, have laughing fits with my daughter, brush my teeth and get ready for basketball. What I did learn today was if I offer a ride to my partner, saying I'll drop her off on the way to the gym, I should leave an hour earlier than when I did. I won't go into details but I'll tell you I didn't get to the courts in time to find my shooting rhythm before we played.
2 Improve. My life at the moment is going to revolve a lot around basketball. My social team has playoffs starting this week. My men's team has gone 7-0 but we are going into tough 6 game stretch against good teams before the knockout rounds start. The games I am most looking forward to is at the start of next month at the Annual Gore Invitational Basketball Tournament. For players around here its one of the highlights of the season. The reason I'm so excited about this tournament is the test I will be facing. I think it could be the best competition I will get all year. I've heard there are 2 players from our provinces 1st division team playing for one of the opposing teams which makes this an opportunity for me to gauge my skill against them and see if the work I have put in has been significant. Its safe to say the improvements I made today have been on my basketball skills. I spent three and a half hours playing basketball, two of those working on my game, on my own, including improving my jump shot, my speed, my leg power and my fitness.
3 Contribute. Taxi Driver...The previously mentioned extended car journey stopping at the baby shop, KFC, the supermarket and finally the drop point at our friends house. It was all good though, I got payed in m&m's.
4 Enjoy. I LOVED being lazy and staying in bed until the morning was a distant memory. And when you don't get to do it often it feels so much better.
5 Action. I chose to stay longer at the gym after everybody else had left. That action of putting in more work than everybody is what will seperate me from every other Joe that plays the game.
0 comments

Sharing is caring. Share this article now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment