With success being my Ultimate Goal, I have to first define what success means in my mind. So to be a success, this person must become a person who is continuing to grow emotionally, spiritually, in their relationships with family, friends and strangers. Be a contributor to everybody and everything that enters their realm. Totally successful financially by gaining ultimate financial freedom. Totally successful in business and career. Living a lifestyle admired by many. Success is somebody who is also totally in tune with their personal fitness, health and well-being. Someone who has profound knowledge, continuously learning and somebody who never settles for anything less than they deserve. Committing themselves 100% towards every outcome they desire. Constantly achieving and improving in EVERY area of their life. Taking all actions necessary to achieve all of the above and enjoying the process.

My page is a tool to help me achieve my Ultimate Goal. Every day I will answer the same 5 Questions. Every week I will write a journal entry summarising my life during the week. I will also periodically give you, the reader, an insight into certain areas of my life. So please, enjoy my posts, feel free to replicate the process. My journey starts now with these 5 Questions...

1. What did I learn today?

2. What improvements have I made?

3. What did I contribute today?

4. What did I enjoy?

5. What actions have I taken towards achieving my Ultimate Goal?

First there, Last to leave

Fri. 11 June, 2010
1 Learn. Today I spent my lunch break determining my basketball goals for the next year. I had to establish the goal, put a date on it, identify the obstacles, name my associates, research knowledge in that area, put a plan of action in place and work out the benefits of achieving and costs related to not achieving. Through this exercise I was able to put a plan in action to become a very high level basketball player within the next 6 months, possibly playing at the 1st division grade. I now know what I must do to get into that fraternity of great players. One good summer... That's all I need.
2 Improve. I woke up for morning trainings earlier than I ever have before. I got to the gym 45 minutes before everybody else so I could work on some things before training started. I spent a ton of time working on my mid-range jump shot (approximately 15 feet from the basket). It must have worked because I didn't miss too many jump shots in our warm up drills. After a decent training, I once again stayed behind to squeeze the last drip of juice from my legs by doing more jump training, to the point where it would have been pretty funny watching me trying to walk. You know you've gone hard when you cramp after 5 minutes of driving your car.
3 Contribute. I have a pretty good knowledge of how to attack a zone defence (that's when the opposing teams players have a responsibility to protect a certain area of the court. The other type of defence is man on man, in which every player has a particular person to guard). For the last two years I've been playing against teams who predominately run a zone defence. I call it lazy defence. The boys at the high school were getting a bit confused as to what to do, but with 3 experienced players in the gym also, we were able to set them right. I developed my game in a way that I score most of my points inside the paint. Therefore most of my knowledge was for the big men, telling them where they should be at particular times, how they should move, what to look for and teaching them how to be physical.
4 Enjoy. I had a blast brainstorming more definitions for the "Who am I?" page. When you come up with a list of great behaviours, beliefs, emotions, goals and achievements, it makes you excited. Knowing you can be that person now makes you motivated. Another note. Thank you to everybody who gave me free food today! There's nothing like walking into a fish and chip shop, ordering a big feed, then the owner saying to you "for you buddy, no charge". And the dude who flicked me a couple of ham buns from his cafe today deserves a beer too. I'll keep you guys in mind for my future contribution entries.
5 Action. So I spent a bit of time researching online planners and calendars. I couldn't find anything that suited exactly what I need. I can't quite describe what I'm looking for but if anybody has any ideas, I'm all ears. I need something where the entries are easy to do and where you are able to easily see what you have to do next and whats coming up. If I can't find anything soon then I'll have to find somebody to make one for me. That can be my next action. Research developers.
0 comments

Sharing is caring. Share this article now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment