With success being my Ultimate Goal, I have to first define what success means in my mind. So to be a success, this person must become a person who is continuing to grow emotionally, spiritually, in their relationships with family, friends and strangers. Be a contributor to everybody and everything that enters their realm. Totally successful financially by gaining ultimate financial freedom. Totally successful in business and career. Living a lifestyle admired by many. Success is somebody who is also totally in tune with their personal fitness, health and well-being. Someone who has profound knowledge, continuously learning and somebody who never settles for anything less than they deserve. Committing themselves 100% towards every outcome they desire. Constantly achieving and improving in EVERY area of their life. Taking all actions necessary to achieve all of the above and enjoying the process.

My page is a tool to help me achieve my Ultimate Goal. Every day I will answer the same 5 Questions. Every week I will write a journal entry summarising my life during the week. I will also periodically give you, the reader, an insight into certain areas of my life. So please, enjoy my posts, feel free to replicate the process. My journey starts now with these 5 Questions...

1. What did I learn today?

2. What improvements have I made?

3. What did I contribute today?

4. What did I enjoy?

5. What actions have I taken towards achieving my Ultimate Goal?

My Job Revolves Around Basketball

Sun. 13 June, 2010
1 Learn. Most of my day involved progress in my basketball development, but I also did some work towards becoming a full-time forex trader. I did a goal setting brainstorm, focusing on that area of my life during my lunch break, and from that exercise I came up with close to 30 reasons as to why I'm being held back from achieving this goal. Now that I'm aware of these challenges I can figure out the solutions which will help me reach my goals faster. No longer will I let these emotions and behaviours hold me back. I also learnt from a friend of mine that he has a good friend who's a web designer. I have a few concepts for a website, and somebody local could be a good first step for me. At one point I was contemplating study in that area but whats the point when you can pay for those resources and get results instantly? One of the great principles of life, If you can't do it yourself, surround yourself with people who can.
2 Improve. My feet... With our weekly game of pick up basketball about to start, I had to get out of my work clothes and into the proper attire quickly. I went to the changing rooms for a bit of privacy. Stupidly, I took my shoes off and walked in with only my socks on. As luck would have it, the carpet in there was soaked. 4 hours of basketball later and my feet were wrinkled and in agony. I got home, shower and dry socks on. My feet rubbed raw. At least when they heal, they'll be tough like leather... mmmmmmmmm.
3 Contribute. As always, I stayed a bit longer at the court, but for once, one of the guys stuck around and we played some 21. I helped his development by playing against him and giving him some decent competition. There was a point there when our energy started crashing and all we did was shoot 3's and play poor defence. Some less than average basketball was played but hey, at least we got some extra training in.
4 Enjoy. I'm pretty grateful for having so little work on the truck today. I had 1.5 hours in the morning and 2 hours at night. That left plenty of time to enjoy playing the sport we call basketball.
5 Action. Every hour I spend with a basketball in my hand is another step forward in achieving my goal of becoming an elite level basketballer. I was supposed to take action towards my trading education but I spent a total of 5 seconds on the computer today, checking the time. I was able to spend some time putting in the effort to identify those obstacles which are hindering my progress.
0 comments

Sharing is caring. Share this article now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment