With success being my Ultimate Goal, I have to first define what success means in my mind. So to be a success, this person must become a person who is continuing to grow emotionally, spiritually, in their relationships with family, friends and strangers. Be a contributor to everybody and everything that enters their realm. Totally successful financially by gaining ultimate financial freedom. Totally successful in business and career. Living a lifestyle admired by many. Success is somebody who is also totally in tune with their personal fitness, health and well-being. Someone who has profound knowledge, continuously learning and somebody who never settles for anything less than they deserve. Committing themselves 100% towards every outcome they desire. Constantly achieving and improving in EVERY area of their life. Taking all actions necessary to achieve all of the above and enjoying the process.

My page is a tool to help me achieve my Ultimate Goal. Every day I will answer the same 5 Questions. Every week I will write a journal entry summarising my life during the week. I will also periodically give you, the reader, an insight into certain areas of my life. So please, enjoy my posts, feel free to replicate the process. My journey starts now with these 5 Questions...

1. What did I learn today?

2. What improvements have I made?

3. What did I contribute today?

4. What did I enjoy?

5. What actions have I taken towards achieving my Ultimate Goal?

Semi Pro

Tue. 8 June, 2010
1 Learn. I realised today that my fifth question isn't as effective as I need it to be. It's all well and good to be thinking of what actions I took at the end of the day but it doesn't give me daily goals to strive towards for the next day therefore limiting my productivity. I will explain more later on. I've always known the power of positive thinking and looking at the sunny side of things but I never really implemented it in my life. I learned today that thinking negatively isn't as bad as it's made out to be. You just have to find the positives in those negatives. So I took up a new challenge today. No negative thoughts for seven straight days. When I do have one I can either ignore the negativity, acknowledge the negativity (which means I failed the challenge and have to start over), or look at the positives the negative situation has given me. It will be tough but the new habit I will develop will be worth it in the end.
2 Improve. The Improvements I made today came in the form of state management. What do I mean? State management is when you can effectively control what emotions you're feeling so you have more good moods than bad. The situation I found myself in this morning was not a particularly enjoyable one. I rang home to ask for a favour from my partner. Bad thing was, was she was in no mood to listen to anything I had to say and was only seeing the negative side to what I was saying. In her defense, Riley our daughter, had a bad sleep and was up all night. You get those when you're a parent sometimes. My partner had little sleep throughout the night, and the questions I asked her had already been answered on Sunday. Being a typical male, I didn't listen to a word she said in that conversation therefore I didn't remember it. As I was getting yelled at over the phone I tried to reason with her, with no success, so I hung up and waited for the call back or text message. The very second her angry message came through, I sent my reply worded simply "who do you love the most in this world?" that immediately changed mine and her state and we were able to resolve the situation straight away. We went from being totally frustrated to laughing and civil in a moment which helped our relationship remarkably.
3 Enjoy. That one text message is a contribution I made today. It was a small action that resulted in a major shift in a situation and our future. Anytime we find ourselves in that state again, we can ask that question and answer it. Do you want to guess the answer? it starts with "F" and ends with "amily". Some other contributions I made today: 12 points, a few rebounds and four fouls in our win against a team we drew with earlier on in the season. It was semi final night tonight so the loser went home crying. Gladly it wasn't us unlike last season when we went undefeated all year until we fell during the game that mattered. Finals next week.
4 Contribute. When the final buzzer sounded with our team up by 19 points, enjoyment along with a sense of relief was felt knowing we didn't choke this year, making it to the big dance. We had control most of the game but when I miss open jumpers and lay ups, get called for a foul on a clean block first defensive possession of the game, and sit on the bench due to foul trouble during critical parts of the game, I couldn't shake the sick feeling I had while thinking it wasn't going to be our night. My team mates pulled through and we got the W. Thank you guys! Also hearing the high school team had their first win in their first proper game of the season. Yeah man!
5 Action. So back to the theme from the answer for Q1. How will I re-word this question so it makes me take more action, with more focus than what I currently had? The problem I faced when answering the question was I had to look for answers at the end of the day. If I change the question slightly so it's now "what actions have I taken towards my Ultimate Goal and/or what actions will I take immediately (within 24 hours) towards its attainment?" then I have something to strive for the next day. The first half of the fifth question should already be answered the previous day. The action I took today was the more emails I sent away to get my goals as a full time forex trader underway. Actions to do tomorrow? Learn more about forex trading by watching 2 learning videos at LTGGoldrock.com. Wake up half and hour earlier. Dunk over somebody tomorrow night. No negative thoughts. Finish work faster than I ever have before. Enjoy my time with family and appreciate them.
0 comments

Sharing is caring. Share this article now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment